And the Mayhem Continues…

Posted on

I wake up in the dead of night and I see the moon glowing so happily and the stars twinkling in the background. For the first time in the Hunger Games I am relaxed, a little too relaxed. The gamemaker must see how happy I look because immediately after I show a faint smile, a loud animal sound rings my ears. Ring. Ring. Ring. What animal must be making that noise? I have never heard such a peculiar sound in my entire life. All of a sudden, the branches beside me of the tree I am perched on, starts to rumble. Thousands of glowing eyes in the night stare straight at me. Stay calm, Tammy. In the sneakiest manner and in my natural instinct, I slowly reach for the sword behind me. Once I have my sword in my hand, I jump.

Running for my dear life, I look behind me and see a wave of red, yellow, gold, and blue hopping toward me. Still looking backwards, I trip over a root in my way and fall flat on my face, scratching my knees and twisting my ankle. As the blood oozes from my cheek and my ankle swells, I shed a tear. This is it. At least you’ve made it this far, is what I kept repeating in my head. No, Tammy. You are not going to let the stupid gamemaker kill you. It would disappoint your family to not even try to defend yourself. On that note, I stand up, unleash my sword, and start slaying as many of those vicious creatures as I can. Five minutes go by and I stab and puncture every single creature there is, but one. The last black speckled, golden frog there is lands right on my nose, looking only to be about an inch or two in size close up. I’m sorry I let you down mom and dad. I’m sorry.

2 thoughts on “And the Mayhem Continues…

1. I liked the foreshadowing in this piece! When you said “I wake up in the dead of night and I see the moon glowing so happily and the stars twinkling in the background. For the first time in the Hunger Games I am relaxed, a little too relaxed.”, it did a great job foreshadowing what the gamemakers were about to do. Also, I loved how you ended with a cliffhanger. It made me interested to read more! Great job, Lizzy!

2. I liked how you ended, it seemed suspenful. I liked how you described your injuries and how you slayed every frog but one. This was interesting to read about how you had it during the night and not the day. My favorite part was when you mentioned the glowing frog eyes.